Sunday, December 16, 2012

Loss in Newtown~

A good many people have already commented on the horrific lost of life in the small town of Newton, Connecticut - and a good many more will add their thoughts, opinions, and theories from now until another such event happens. That is hard to say - that this will likely happen again - but unless we as a nation decide to do something courageous - it will happen again.

This note however is not about the politics of the 2nd Amendment - but I may share Some Thoughts Concerning the topic at a later date.

When I heard the news about what happened in Newton - I simply could not believe it - I did not want to believe it. That is what I kept saying to myself the entire way home - "I can't believe it, children. I can't believe it, kids. I can't believe it, an elementary school. I just can't believe it."

Most who will read this know that I have three wonderful kids - Emily who is in middle school - and Max & Sophie who are both in elementary school. My Sophie is 7 years old - the same age as many of those beautiful children who were lost this week. Every weekday she sits in a 1st grade classroom - like everyone of those beautiful children who will not unwrap their gifts this holiday season. My Sophie~

I cannot imagine how horrible this is for the parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, teachers - for those now former classmates - in some way children no more.... I am so, so sorry for your loss. The President is right - our hearts are broken. I'm so sorry...






No comments:

Post a Comment